Annual Work Schedules
Annual work schedules (AWS) are completed for each implementation year of a forest management plan. Therefore, since there are ten-years of operations in an approved FMP, there are ten AWS’ prepared for that period. The AWS identifies operations that were previously planned and approved in the forest management plan, and are scheduled for implementation during the year.
Operations that are scheduled in an annual work schedule generally include:
- Harvest areas
- Renewal (site preparation, planting & seeding) & Maintenance (tending) areas
- Primary and branch road construction
- Operational road boundaries
- Water crossing installation and decommissioning
- Monitoring and Assessment
Each annual work schedule is in place for a one-year period lasting from April 1st to March 31st. Annual work schedules are found online on MNR’s website at:
Public notice of the approved annual work schedule inspection is given prior to operations commencing for the year.